How Long Should Soccer Cleats Last?
This is a question that is asked soon after the purchase of say a pair of high end soccer cleats costing close to 300 dollars.
If you are an active player, playing 3 to seven times a week, say seven, and have just that one pair of high end soccer cleats, you can expect them to last one full season (three to four months) and if you are lucky, maybe two seasons.
There are four main variables to determine how long your soccer cleats should last
1. A lighter shoe will be less durable. The material is thinner and more prone to break faster than a heavier shoe.
2. The playing surface is important. If you buy Firm Ground cleats, they are designed for play on firm grassy surfaces. You are advised not to use them on artificial turf as that would be a sure shot way of breaking them before time. Buy a pair of soccer cleats that is appropriate for the surface you play on whether it is firm ground, soft ground, artificial turf or indoors.
3. If you are an active player, playing every single day, it makes sense to get an additional pair of cleats so that the wear and tear is distributed between the two pairs.
4. The intensity of play – here self knowledge is the key. You should know whether you are going to the field just to play a few kicks, or a few side games or that you like to play intensely, and move about a lot on the field. In the latter scenario, no brand will last longer than another. You have to be realistic and admit that you are pretty hard on your shoes and so expect to replace them often. Basically, your track record in soccer cleats is key here.
If you want your football cleats to last as long as they possibly can, taking good care is important. Here is a care regimen for soccer cleats
1. Breaking in for new cleats can be achieved by jogging in them during warm ups or just before a game. The more you engage them, the more they will loosen up and provide the right fit.
2. Air dry the cleats after every game, and stuff some newspaper in them to absorb the dampness and also hold the shape till they dry. They will crack if you expose them to the sun while drying.
3. Remove the detachable cleats soon after the game. Walking in them on any other surface blunts them and renders them useless in their function of providing you grip.
4. Clean your soccer cleats soon after the game, to prevent dirt and dust from settling into the leather causing damage. Carefully brush out any dirt from the dented areas of stitching. If you are using cleaning products, make sure they are gentle on your soccer cleats.
5. Use a leather foot and leather creams regularly to keep the leather uppers of your football cleats soft and supple.
6. Never subject them to a hot water cleaning, as this ruins the shoes.
Camisetas Olympique de Marsella Maillots de foot pas cher – Retrouvez en exclusivité tous les nouveaux maillot de football pas cher 2020 2021 sur la boutique 100% football